- About Us
Youth Leaders: Compassion In Action
One Village Project
Since its inception in 2007, the One Village Project has seen 252 immigrant, immigrant, at-risk, local and refugee youth from 29 different countries unite as Peace Leaders in service to communities in need. With the help of 350 inspired volunteers, these youth leaders have impacted 1000+ people both here in Austin and abroad. The following community service projects were led by our youth leaders:
- Fed and clothed 150+ people at Austin Resource Center for the Homeless.
- Partnered with the Lower Colorado River Authority and Keep Austin Beautiful to clean up Town Lake.
- Spent time comforting patients at South Austin Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Cleaned up Bouldin Creek and the greenbelt in partnership with the Bouldin Creek Neighborhood Association and Austin Parks Foundation.
- Held a peace rally in honor of The International Day of Peace.
- Sent Video Love Letters to One Village members who were in the midst of war in Nigeria.
- Harvested food for the homeless in partnership with Urban Roots.
- Created care packages for the victims of the earthquake in Haiti.
- Painted a mural at Casa Marinella, a shelter for immigrants in Austin as well as Austin Children’s Shelter.
For our next One Village Service Day, we will be serving the beautiful Jacob’s Well in Wimberley, TX. Our service will be in partnership with the Wimberley Watershed Association.
We will be assisting in the creation of a natural purification system, planting gardens, installing drip irrigation, and doing general clean up on the grounds.
We are once again excited to be participating in I Live Here, I Give Here’s annual 24 hour giving festival – Amplify Austin. From 6pm on March 20th to 6pm on March 21st, Amplify Austin will attempt raise over $4 million dollars for local non-profit organizations including the Amala Foundation.
If you are inspired [...]
More from Amala…
A thrift boutique featuring one-of-a-kind treasures from around the world. 100% of the proceeds benefit our youth programs.
Meet the Founder of Amala, explore the heart of the message and find out about upcoming events with Vanessa.
Sanctuary At Amala
The Sanctuary is home to events and classes focusing on remembrance, wellness and children’s education.